11.15.2010

My Sister Is Getting Married!!!!

As you can tell from the title - MY SISTER IS GETTING MARRIED!!!!

This past weekend, Jami and Eric visited since they hadn't had the time to since they first started dating over a year ago. The two had talked several times about getting married, but Jami told me on Saturday that she was convinced he just wasn't going to ask any time soon. . . well, boy was she wrong!!

The four of us went to church Sunday morning and decided to have a nice home cooked meal before they left. While Ilario and I were preparing dinner, they wanted to get the car packed up so they could easily head out once they were ready. On the way back inside the house, Eric stopped in the breezeway and told Jami that he had something to ask her then he got down on one knee and asked my baby sister to marry him :o)

I wish I could describe for you the joy and look of sheer happiness she had on her face as she literally skipped back into the kitchen. . . "Look! Look! Look what I got!!" she said with the biggest smile on her face I've ever seen, as she put her left hand out for me to see. The breathtaking, three-stoned engagement ring on her petite hand looked so perfect that I want to cry now just thinking about it!

The gushiness doesn't stop there though - the date they've chose to wed is truly amazing. . . the twenty-ninth anniversary of not only our mom and dad, but Eric's as well. Yes, you read right - both sets of parents were married on the exact same day and Jami and Eric will get to share that very special anniversary date with them as well.

A huge congratulations to the both of you - you mean the world to me and to Ilario. We love you and wish you the most blessed life together. You deserve nothing but the best!

Now on to my favorite part - PLANNING :o) YAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment